PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
You need not supply any personal data in order to access the Company’s website. When you make an online purchase, personal data is collected from you to enable us to provide you with the Services.
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for, without limitation:
- identifying you and your account information
- order processing, billing and fulfilment
- conducting identity verification and/or credit checks
- enabling us to store your personal data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you make a purchase
- direct marketing of our products
- handling your complaints and account enquiries, and handling any claim, action and/or proceedings against the Company or any party
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Types of personal data collected by the Company may include, without limitation:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address, company name and business title;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device.
CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Company does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- Company’s associated companies, business partners or service operators, who are involved in the sales and marketing, administration or fulfilment of purchase orders;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. You are solely responsible for securing your account. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard.
From time to time, the Company may use your personal data to send you news, offers, promotions. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or our marketing partners, you can opt out at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer (or other electronic device) when you access the Company’s website. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.